Saturday, July 31, 2010

Clear the air!

Yes, it's Saturday, and yes, it's 5:55 a.m. As much as I would like to say I am awake and blogging thanks to my precious Benjamin, I can't. At this moment, there is a symphony in my bedroom. The musicians, Penny Lane and Mike.

Last night, my dearest husband decided to whip up an experimental batch of chili. The exact contents are unknown to me; whatever they include, they are lethal. At 5 a.m., as I rose for my quarterly, evening bathroom visit, I was almost knocked over by the horrendous odor lingering in my bedroom. It was like we were the 'Big Three', creating some secret gas based weapon for WWII in our sleep. Instantly, I hopped up, disgusted, opening windows, turning on the loud and wobbly fan above our bed.

Penny Lane grunted, as if I was the rude one, disturbing her rest. Mike grabbed the blankets and rolled over, completely ignoring me. But as I sat up in my bed, looking at these two stinky creatures, I thought to myself, 'my God, am I the luckiest woman in the world'. I have such a beautiful family.

It's insane how the most random, and often disgusting occurrences can make us appreciate our loved ones. I can't wait to add another stinky edition to this family.


1 comment:

  1. Your right! its always the most random experiences that make us feel like the luckiest people alive! mine is when it rains outside the whole family gets excited and sits at the glass doors watching the lightning and counting the seconds for the thunder! Its the little things that make us the happiest LoL

    ReplyDelete