Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yea...we dig cereal.

Being a new mom has been quite the adventure. I find myself blocking the crazy advice of peers, instead trying to go with my instincts. So far, so good...well, I guess. My little man has for the most part been healthy. He's a whopping 19lbs at just 18 weeks of age. He smiles, hysterically laughs, rolls over, loves his swing and play mat...a perfect little boy.

Well, at his three month doctor's appointment, the pediatrician informed me that as he approached four months of age, I could begin giving him rice cereal. I was thrilled at the idea of giving him 'real' food. He was extra fussy one night, so I decided to give it a shot. I went to my cabinet and grabbed the box of Rice Krispies...rice cereal, right? I did think this out a bit. I waited until the cereal was extra soggy. He LOVED it!!! For about two weeks, Benji and I bonded over rice cereal. I ate my bowl, he ate the breast milk version. Things were great...until I informed a friend of this milestone. I instantly, blurted "my pediatrician told me it was fine", knowing I somehow goofed.

My husband and I laughed for a good hour after the discovery of powder cereal. I guess no one is perfect and moments like this will make for great stories when Ben is older. I've discovered that babies are pretty resilient and I love learning with him.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha hahahahahahahha - too funny! I love it! And they are resilient!

    ReplyDelete